How soon does AMCAS send out applications to schools added after verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FinallyHereWeGo20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I want to submit my amcas application for verification as soon as it opens and I know once verified, they get sent out July 10. However, I am taking the June MCAT and my score will be released the week after everything is sent out. I want my MCAT score included because I hope to offset my lower GPA with a high MCAT score. I have a years old (no longer acceptable) MCAT score of 514 and I'm aiming to have this be higher. I don't want the initial view to be without my new score.

If I just list one school that isn't one of my top picks when I initially submit the AMCAS then wait to add the other schools until I get that score, will it put me behind other applicants? Does the AMCAS send it right away or is there a waiting period?

Members don't see this ad.

There's two scenarios:

1. You add the schools before July 10th - the application gets sent on July 10th to all the schools you added before then.
2. You add the schools after July 10th - the application will get sent as soon as you add the schools and submit the changes (and pay for the additional submissions).

This is assuming you are verified before July 10th. If you are not verified before then, the application will only be sent out once you are verified.

Do remember that AAMC is expediting score reporting of MCATs taken this summer (I believe the aim is to get the scores returned within two weeks), if you haven't taken that into account.

If I just list one school that isn't one of my top picks when I initially submit the AMCAS then wait to add the other schools until I get that score, will it put me behind other applicants? Does the AMCAS send it right away or is there a waiting period?

Schools don't look at apps in the order received anyhow. You will still be considered early. Once your new score is released, it should be transmitted the next business day, I believe.