How soon is too soon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsf0120

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen elsewhere that a big mistake is re-applying to soon. How do I find out if my 'growth' since the last application (GPA increase, another clinical internship, TA position, research project, gross anatomy, and I will be working full time in OR and doing part time research) is significant enough to apply this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

You need to get yourself to a point above the avg for the schools you are applying to. If you have weak spots than everything else needs to be exceptional. When that has happened and you can answer the very valid questions (why you, why medicine, and why that school) clearly you should be ready. If you do a post clearly outlining all your stats you could get constructive feedback on if your growth has helped address the deficiencies. Look at other reapp threads to see what info helps get feedback. Make sure to show both original app and improvements over the last year.