How soon should you submit secondaries, before the date a school starts interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tennis Guy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
So, I was wondering, how soon should you submit secondaries, before the date a school starts interviews? Should it be like two weeks before and is there a rule of thumb for it? Thank you all so much for all of your time, insight, and assistance. It is all greatly appreciated!!!!! ..... :)

Members don't see this ad.

I generally feel that getting everything including letters and secondaries in by Labor Day is soon enough. That may not be early enough to snag the first interview invitation issued but it is soon enough.

You should try to turn around secondaries as quickly as possible. The correct answer to "how soon should you submit secondaries?" is "as soon as you can."

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Sometimes schools give you a due date. But as soon as you have well written responses go ahead and submit. Why would you wait? How do you know when interviews will begin at a certain school. You do understand that applications aren’t reviewed in chronological order and they aren’t reviewed until you are marked complete at a school. So the longer you wait to submit your secondaries and other documents the longer you’ll wait for interviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. While speed is important, don't sacrifice quality either!

Reactions: 1 users