1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

How Stressed Out Are You Over Interview Season?

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by Poety, Dec 9, 2005.

?

How stressed out are you?

Poll closed Dec 16, 2005.
  1. So stressed out I'm cracking under the pressure - I'm about to jump!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pretty stressed out but I know I'll get through it

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I feel some stress but nothing bad at all

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. What stress? Who's stressing?

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'd like to take a poll to see how stressed out you are about interviewing and subsequently matching. All this during holiday season to boot! Are you starving yourself? Beating your kids? (IM KIDDING HERE PEOPLE) Taking xanax? Or ready to jump? :scared: Just thought I would see if psych interviewing is any less stressful especially since everyone says its the "less competitive" field.

Plus I want to see if my poll option works ;)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hurricane

Hurricane Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm more stressed about all of the traveling and the ensuing hassle than matching. I would prefer not to spend any more nights sleeping in airports.

But that may change when it comes time to come up with my ROL...

4. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, I agree too - I'm pretty stressed out over the traveling aspect as well - (Delta, its haunting me Hurricane!) but I admit, since I found my number one - I'm like a little school girl waiting for them to write me a note to tell me they like me :oops: dumb! Maybe I should send them note saying "Do you like me? Please check the box" - and give em that yes/no option at the bottom :laugh:

5. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thats great not too many people are stressed out!

6. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    bump

7. mosche

mosche Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I was really getting stressed out earlier in the week. However, I made out a list yesterday and it really became quite clear which program would be best for me at this point. I still have three interviews left -- I cancelled Yale -- and I'm sure that they will make this process more confusing; fortunately, I really think that taking a very analytical approach will help me to keep the process in perspective.

8. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm on interview 8, and I'd like to change my vote to "about to jump" :oops: All this traveling is getting to me and I'm starting to get agitated with the whole thing. I miss my bed, and since I know for sure who I'm ranking first, these are all just backups so its becoming painful at this point.

I'm seriously considering using the ROL I would have now and calling it a day - I don't know that I'm going to make it through 3 more :scared: