How stupid is that?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mayonaise

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My sister claimed that I am wasting my money and time applying this cycle.

I am planning on applying to 38 schools.
I will be taking the MCAT this August and have a 3.4++.

Should I even try? I mean is she right? :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

38 schools alot
you don't have mcat?
don't schools not even look at ur app until you have ur score?
get score
submit with better idea of ur chances?

or do something else god sakes

gotta be a troll, right?

0+ posts

Members don't see this ad :)
3.4 is fine (ok i'm biased as that was mine). Ace the mcat.

Mayonaise said:
My sister claimed that I am wasting my money and time applying this cycle.

I am planning on applying to 38 schools.
I will be taking the MCAT this August and have a 3.4++.

Should I even try? I mean is she right? :mad:

Is she on an admissions committee or something?! Why 38 schools, that might be a waste of money. Why not apply to 20 schools that you might actually get into. :) How are you doing on the practice MCATs? Scoring 30s or better?!

Yeah, without any MCAT score I think you are taking a risk. You are assuming that you will do well on this August's administration, and if for some reason you don't, you basically wasted your money applying to 38 schools. I would suggest saving your money, and studying hard for next April.

Lots of people get in with August MCATs.

Just make sure your AMCAS, secondaries, and recommendations are submitted in September and the schools are only waiting for your MCAT score

I am scoring 32-35 on practice MCATs now.

skypilot said:
Is she on an admissions committee or something?! Why 38 schools, that might be a waste of money. Why not apply to 20 schools that you might actually get into. :) How are you doing on the practice MCATs? Scoring 30s or better?!

No she's doing her PhD in Chemistry.
She thinks 3.4 ++ is low. Well, that's because she is an innate genius and I am not.

PS: this is bad but I also have the urge to prove her wrong by applying this cycle(that I should not apply this cycle)

Medikit said:
Your sister knows because she has done this before and had a 3.4.

Mayonaise said:
No she's doing her PhD in Chemistry.
She thinks 3.4 ++ is low. Well, that's because she is an innate genius and I am not.

PS: this is bad but I also have the urge to prove her wrong by applying this cycle(that I should not apply this cycle)

3.4 is a little low but a 32 is very good.

If you apply with those numbers to the right schools you will be admitted for sure.

What state are you from?

I got in with a similar GPA taking the August MCAT. I did well on it though. So don't let a 3.4 discourage you. Just do well on the MCAT and you'll be fine assuming all of the other areas of your application are in order.

38 is a lot unless you're from Cali...I got in with an Aug score though, and a similar, perhaps slightly lower gpa. You can do it! BUT, make sure you are doing it for the right reasons (i.e. not just to piss off your sister!). Also, I think if you are committed to applying, get those apps in early, IMHO it's not worth it to wait and apply until after you've gotten your Aug MCAT scores in Oct. It's a risk, but if you're getting 32-35 on practice tests, that's very decent!

Good Luck!

Get a 30 or above on your MCAT and you're in good shape, good luck. Make sure you apply to a lot of schools, but remember that you will have to do interviews and secondaries not to mention shell out lots of cash. Try to hit 10s, don't get 8s if you can help it.