How the heck am I still sucking at UW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Captopril

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok test is in a few weeks, I'm on my SECOND run through of UWorld with about 4 blocks left until I finish it through for the 2nd time...and I'm still getting killed! Someone wanna explain WTF is going on?

I mean I'll get over 70% once in a blue moon (I've literally done it like 4 times total), had been getting mid 60s mostly....but now I'm consistently hitting low to mid 50%s! Anyone else experience this phenomenon or am I alone in this 7th rung of stupidity?

I see people post in the experience thread stuff like "did UW once through, avg: 78%" and it makes me have a spaz attack.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't read too much into other people's cumulative averages. It depends on what stage of preparation they started their USMLE world.

If you are getting lower than 70% scores on your second run, something is clearly not right with the way you are approaching those questions. You need to read and understand the concepts in the explanations well, whether you got the question wrong or right. You also should read the explanations as to why every other choice was wrong. It really helps.

Don't try to force going through USMLE world on timed mode. Just try to do it on tutor mode and relax while understanding the concepts for each question.