How the hell did this happen? (practice MCAT scores)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwhite007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Practice test 3R - "32".

Practice test 9 - "37"

Practice Test 7 - "24" :eek:

What the hell! :confused: I take my first real test in August. I will submit my AMCAS in the next week.

This has me worried!

Members don't see this ad.

rcwhite007 said:
3R - 10,10,12
9 - 12,11,14
7 - 6,8,10 :confused:
Hmm...Have you reviewed the questions? The 8-11 verbal range is pretty normal since 1 passage can throw you off a lot.

I would look closest at the physical section. Did you miss mostly gen chem or physics?
Hit those weaknesses hard leading up to the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is strange. My advice would be to take 8R next (take it under very strict timing conditions) and see if your score jumps back up again.....7R and 8R are very similar, and most like the real deal, in my opinion. But remember--you still have a little under 2 months left so you have plenty of time to focus in on your weak areas--your first 2 scores were awesome so stay confident!

rcwhite007 said:
I took Practice test 3R - "32".

Practice test 9 - "37"

Practice Test 7 - "24" :eek:

What the hell! :confused: I take my first real test in August. I will submit my AMCAS in the next week.

This has me worried!

I wouldn't worry too much about it, from my limited experience scores depend a lot on what type of day you're having. I got a 31 and 34 on my last two (out of five) practice tests, and I was content to get anything in that range, so I just grazed over the material the week before the real test. I ended up with a 38 though, which way exceeded my expectations. I guess I just felt pretty confident about getting a score I would be happy with, and didn't freak out on test day. Being confident in yourself is a HUGE part of taking any test in my opinion.

yeah--if i remember correctly--7 had some physics passages that were quite difficult. Like Brett said--take some time to review the questions that you missed. But an 8 in verbal and a 10 in BS are great scores!

I do admit. I took 7 late in the evening. The others were in the morning (when I was fresh). It must have been the day, because I do remember it being hard to comprehend. I will take it again. This time with a large cup of coffee around 8am.

the real question is, why are you wasting the most representative tests this far before the actual test date?

solitude said:
the real question is, why are you wasting the most representative tests this far before the actual test date?

no kidding, save these until the last couple weeks