How to ace courses you despise?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerryAf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Evolution and ecology. Two courses I want to replace with anything on this planet but unfortunately, part of the major. How do you do well in something you hate so much?

Members don't see this ad.

Remind yourself that every last increase in your GPA will make you more competent for medical school. Keep your eye on the prize.

Evolution and ecology. Two courses I want to replace with anything on this planet but unfortunately, part of the major. How do you do well in something you hate so much?

Same way like you ace any other course. Simply study and utilize time management.

Members don't see this ad :)
Professors can tell you what you need to regurgitate on the test. They cannot tell you what you are to THINK or how you BELIEVE. Learn it, regurgitate it, and move on with life. If you can take some lesson from the class that can be applied elsewhere, then even better.

dsoz

You sit down, you open the book/powerpoint/notes/podcast, and you grind through it.

There's no magic bullet. How much you enjoy the material only affects how painful that grind is. Process is always the same.

You change major?

Aww, gross :( I know what you mean.

Just suck it up and get it over with. You might hate yourself going through the course, but you'll hate yourself more if you don't do well. From my knowledge though, those are two courses that shouldn't be that difficult (but it could be different at your school, idk).

nike-just-do-it.jpg