How to add abstract + conference talk on CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mass-premed66

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first-author abstract was accepted for a talk (in addition to a poster session) at a conference in May. They publish the accepted abstracts in a journal after the conference, but I don't have the details yet.

How do I put this on my CV? Do I state it's both a talk and a poster? I'm applying to something before the journal volume is published so I'd like to add it before then, but I'm not sure how.

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

These abstracts that are "published" as supplements don't belong under publications. It's nice because eventually you'll get a doi so people can quickly find your abstract in case they want to read it, but you should not put your abstract under publications because it is abundantly obvious that you're trying to inflate your CV. And you never double-dip in counting something as both a poster and an oral/podium presentation.

This is an oral/podium presentation and should be listed as such.

Reactions: 1 users
These abstracts that are "published" as supplements don't belong under publications. It's nice because eventually you'll get a doi so people can quickly find your abstract in case they want to read it, but you should not put your abstract under publications because it is abundantly obvious that you're trying to inflate your CV. And you never double-dip in counting something as both a poster and an oral/podium presentation.

This is an oral/podium presentation and should be listed as such.
Thank you!