• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Nov 18, 1999
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
What are you supposed to say to PDs who call or email you saying, we were really impressed or whatever, we plan to rank you highly/you are ranked to match, we hope you'll consider our program?

If you're really ranking them highly it's clear. But what if they're just kind of way down on your rank list? I feel bad not answering. On the other hand I also feel bad being vague and noncommittal. I could just say "I was impressed by the strength of your program" and leave it at that, but then the email sounds kind of unfinished. And I feel like it's really rude not to reply to a personal phone call or email. :(

What do you guys think?

Warden

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
What are you supposed to say to PDs who call or email you saying, we were really impressed or whatever, we plan to rank you highly/you are ranked to match, we hope you'll consider our program?

If you're really ranking them highly it's clear. But what if they're just kind of way down on your rank list? I feel bad not answering. On the other hand I also feel bad being vague and noncommittal. I could just say "I was impressed by the strength of your program" and leave it at that, but then the email sounds kind of unfinished. And I feel like it's really rude not to reply to a personal phone call or email. :(

What do you guys think?

-Thanks so much for the compliments;I really enjoyed my interview day with you guys and think your program would provide great training and it is a place I would be happy training at. Thanks again,

Bozotheclown-

mmed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

What do you guys think?

Actually, I regret that I waste my money and time interviewing with the program. The program has many defects especially in …….etc. If I train in the program this will be a disaster to my carrier. Because of that, I may rank you at the bottom of my list in case or may not rank you at all. Anyhow, thank you for your email and good luck with your endeavor.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.