Other How to apply for pgy 3 after 1 year off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kerplunk112

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a pediatric resident and just finished by pgy 2 year. I was pretty far away from home, just went through a really stressful divorce. Had some performance issues. So after discussion with the PD we decided it was best for me to take some time off. I don't have an opportunity to return and I really want to stay in my home state (but ill take any thing). I was told they wont burn me as far as why I left ie " well he's really smart but had a tough year and had some motivation issues, the end. Now im in a top 10 program, prob could be some decent letters of rec, good board scores. What are my chances to find a 3rd year spot, how does one do that (I probably need to wait at least 6-12 months specially since I left for personal reasons which need to be resolved, any advice ? appreciate it.

another problem is that im now living at home, my Asian parents are driving me crazy, no luck job hunting, and I am way too old for this #@$@.! But that's a problem for another day :)

Members don't see this ad.