msf41

AADSAS = rip off
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
Status
Hey SDNers...I was asked to give a presentation at my school about the dental school application process. If you were going to sum up the application process what pointers/tips do you think would be most important to talk about?

Or to those of you that have not yet applied yet...what parts of the application process do you want to know about?

GENERAL TSO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Status
msf41 said:
Hey SDNers...I was asked to give a presentation at my school about the dental school application process. If you were going to sum up the application process what pointers/tips do you think would be most important to talk about?

Or to those of you that have not yet applied yet...what parts of the application process do you want to know about?

I personally think that the gpa part is interesting.

It seems that alot of people on here that have high GPAs get mad when they do their app and the gpas decrease due to the way classes are spread out.

DMD_hopeful

Registered lunatic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
Status
msf41 said:

1. Do well in all your classes, especially the science ones
2 Start collecting LORs early in your college career.
3. Investigate the schools you think you'd like to apply to (reqs, etc).
4. Take your time writing the personal statement
5. Apply nice and early to AADSAS even if you haven't taken the DAT yet
6. Take the DAT very seriously. Study like you've never studied before.
7. Prepare for every interview