How to approach two lab classes in one quarter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redblanket18

Reaction score
I'm going to be a freshman in the fall. I was planning on doing Physics 2 and Chem 1 in my winter term. A lot of people have told me to be wary of taking two labs in a quarter, but I already know a decent chunk of the material covered in both classes because of AP.

Also, what are labs like now that they're online? It should also be stated that I'll be at home for this term so there's nothing to do except study

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm on the semester system, but I have pretty much taken two lab classes every semester.

Reactions: 1 user
Same as above. Online labs for O-Chem were us just understanding the experiment on our own then being given results from previous semesters to use for our reports. We would discuss/interpret those results and do everything the same but not have a procedural/observation section since we didn't do the actual lab.

I completed physics before O-Chem, so it wasn't online for me. My labs were just observation and answer questions, but I don't know how your school may do things. It won't hurt to reach out to instructors in charge of the lab sections about changes from a traditional semester.

I think I did four classes and four labs in one semester once. That was rough.