How to ask your proofreader if she has finished proofreading PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

LuvCaramelFraps

Hi everyone,
I asked a friend of mine, who was an English major as an undergrad and is currently in law school, to proofread my PharmCAS personal statement about a week ago. I know she works and is extremely busy, but it's already been a week and she hasn't replied back yet with her opinion on my essay. I'd really like to get back the essay so I can be done with PharmCAS and submit it, but I don't know how to go about asking her for it without seeming too pushy and too eager. I even went to the law school's academic calendar to make sure she doesn't have finals to study for. Should I e-mail her back today and ask if she read it or should I wait a couple more days and then e-mail her?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I asked a friend of mine, who was an English major as an undergrad and is currently in law school, to proofread my PharmCAS personal statement about a week ago. I know she works and is extremely busy, but it's already been a week and she hasn't replied back yet with her opinion on my essay. I'd really like to get back the essay so I can be done with PharmCAS and submit it, but I don't know how to go about asking her for it without seeming too pushy and too eager. I even went to the law school's academic calendar to make sure she doesn't have finals to study for. Should I e-mail her back today and ask if she read it or should I wait a couple more days and then e-mail her?

I would email her back and ask her what she think of your PS. That would be the best approach...it would be too pushy if you ask her if she's done with your PS.

Just ask.. Sometimes people just forget and need a reminder.