How to avoid Malignant Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since receiving USMLE Step 1 score of 211 and COMLEX score of 451, I have decided that Family Medicine is my best option. However, I would still like to match into a "reputable" program. How can I tell which programs, given my score range, are programs that have good learning/working environments?

Members don't see this ad.

Since receiving USMLE Step 1 score of 211 and COMLEX score of 451, I have decided that Family Medicine is my best option. However, I would still like to match into a "reputable" program. How can I tell which programs, given my score range, are programs that have good learning/working environments?
Ask prior students from your school who are there, or just get the vibe for how happy the residents are

Reactions: 1 user
Family medicine is your best option, but IM and even anesthesiology are open to someone with your score...

Cgk
I took a quick skim of your post history and it seems you are very much spread throught many specialities with interest/concerns of matching and loads of questions about options with complex/step.

F the internet. You deserve a sit down with people 1 - 2 years ahead if you at YOUR school and get some legit advice based on grades, connections, your scores and there sense if you as a person. Go to the various med interst groups and pull aside the seniors and hve them look at your CV and give you some real advice.

There is a large pool of doors reasonably open to you, but you have to make a real commitment. You are dealing with legit primary care docs and we will care more about your interest then your score and will take someone with lessor stats who actually wants to do this, and i saw this as someone who helped rank applicants for residency and sports fellowship....