How to become a PA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emenjivar

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are a International medical graduate ( Foreign MEdical Doctor) :
How can you become a PA.
Who you should contact
How long it takes

Please advice...........

Members don't see this ad.

apply to pa school just like anyone else. the programs are 2-4 years in length. you get no prior credit as an fmg. check out www.aapa.org for more info.

........except maybe in Florida for the time being............

Members don't see this ad :)
Not anymore. Florida nixed that profoundly idiotic loophole.

If one wants to be a PA, train to be one. Being an FMG who cannot pass the US boards should not, and does not, automatically qualify one to be a PA.

Hey CVPA!
I have not heard from you in a good while. How are things in your neck of the woods? What ever happened with your situation? With a few exceptions, the first year of med school was not all that bad. You still thinking about it?

Matt

Hey Matt:

Things are going exceptionally well. I did a lot of soul searching and decided that medical school was not going to be compatible with my family life. Within a month after making that decision, an amazing opportunity presented itself in an institution well known for its cardiac surgical expertise. I'm involved in robotic surgery, research, publications, and even some international and domestic travel (Taiwan last October). It has been quite exciting and very time consuming.

Finishing up my Masters this fall and will start on my doctorate in January to open up some academic avenues.

I kind of got away from SDN because of all the fighting and bickering. It really turned me off to the website. Hopefully things are a bit better.

Glad to hear school is going well for you. I am not surprised you are doing well.

Take care.

Chris