How to build a good relationship with my scheduler?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swatchgirl

Exercise your brains out, so you don't get sick.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have a new scheduler. I have never met her in person, don't know her phone number, all I have is her work e-mail and my correspondences with her so far have all been via e-mails. Recently she helped me find last minute coverage for a 9 consecutive day Christmas break (5 days were my scheduled days off here and there, so she had to find coverage for the other 4 PTO days to fill in the gaps). It was fortunate that she came through for me since I had not been allowed to take any time off work in over a year and a half. I was also already maxed out on my PTO hours, so I couldn't accrue any more PTO until I was allowed to use some first... I really want to thank my scheduler for making my 9-day break request from work possible, especially considering she only had 1 week of time to find coverage for me, but how do I begin to thank her? How do I introduce myself to her or talk to her without ever meeting her in person? I don't even know where her office is physically located. Should I just send her a thank you e-mail and ask for her phone number? How do any of you build and maintain a good relationship with your scheduler? Or do most people only contact their schedulers when they need something from them? I would appreciate some advice and tips!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We have a new scheduler. I have never met her in person, don't know her phone number, all I have is her work e-mail and my correspondences with her so far have all been via e-mails. Recently she helped me find last minute coverage for a 9 consecutive day Christmas break (5 days were my scheduled days off here and there, so she had to find coverage for the other 4 PTO days to fill in the gaps). It was fortunate that she came through for me since I had not been allowed to take any time off work in over a year and a half. I was also already maxed out on my PTO hours, so I couldn't accrue any more PTO until I was allowed to use some first... I really want to thank my scheduler for making my 9-day break request from work possible, especially considering she only had 1 week of time to find coverage for me, but how do I begin to thank her? How do I introduce myself to her or talk to her without ever meeting her in person? I don't even know where her office is physically located. Should I just send her a thank you e-mail and ask for her phone number? How do any of you build and maintain a good relationship with your scheduler? Or do most people only contact their schedulers when they need something from them? I would appreciate some advice and tips!
She'll take an office.

Find out where it is and send her some goodies

Reactions: 1 user
Some of them live far away and they do schedule for multiple district managers (mine covers for 6 DMs). An email would be sufficient to let her know you appreciate her or a holiday card.

Reactions: 1 user