how to calculate my gpa

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kristig101, Jun 2, 2008.

1. kristig101

I skipped out on my senior year of high school and took community college courses instead, so I'm graduating from my current college in 3 years. I'm wondering how the grades I got during high school (which transferred in to my other school) will count into my overall GPA on the application. I earned 57 credit hours (I also went during the summer), so it's not just one or two courses. I can't seem to get a definite answer from anyone about this. Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chessknt87

Physician

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    Regardless of your HS status, all of the classes you took are factored into your GPA and you have to send them a transcript. Is that your question? What do you mean "factored in"? Everything is factored in according to the appropriate unit conversions.

4. kristig101

Thanks for your response. I think you answered my question. To clarify, what I meant is that my current GPA, according to my school, is only based on the courses I have taken at my current school. It does not include the other courses I have taken elsewhere. So my application GPA will be different from my school's GPA?