how to change test dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrubsaresexy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I did a quick search and couldn't find any answers to this, so sorry if this question is really redundant. I'm scheduled to take my MCAT on the 18th (like, this Saturday), and I just bombed yet another practice test. I think I'm freaking myself out, so I was hoping to move my test date back a few weeks so that I can stop freaking out and can start getting productive studying done.

Does anyone know how you change your test date? I know there's a $55 fee, blah blah blah, but when I log into the scheduler thing, I don't get any tabs for changing the date or anything. Do I have to call them? The website says that you can change your test date at any time, so I don't think that I'm too late (judging by my last practice score, I'd pay any amount of money to not have a med school see that, so right now, fees aren't the issue), but I have a perfect date in mind and don't want all the seats to be full before I can change dates.

Help! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, you are not allowed to switch test dates when your scheduled test date is within two weeks. You might as well sit for the test and void so your money isn't a complete waste. Make sure you VOID your test regardless of how you feel.

Edit: From the MCAT Essentials pdf:

You may change your test date and/or test center at any time, provided that space is available, you make the change prior to the regular registration deadline associated with your initial test date, and you are rescheduling into the current calendar year. Additional fees will apply (see chart on page 6).

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know if I can still switch test dates if I pay the late fee? I was under the impression that the 2 week thing was only if you're cancelling? I mean...business-wise, it makes sense to let people change dates late because then they can get late fees from the person switching dates and also maybe from someone who takes the now-open seat.

But then again...how much of this process actually makes sense? :p