How to combine BROS deck with lecture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jordansnfootbal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am about to start my Anatomy block (First MS1 class) and was wondering how I would incorporate BROS deck with it starting the 1st day if I have barely learned any material? My first class is on Deep and Superficial back and BROS deck does not seem to have much information related to this topic, so should I use something like firecracker as a supplement to my lectures instead?

Also I was thinking of subscribing for Pathoma. What do you think it has helped you guys with most in conjunction with your lectures?

Thanks in advance for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Supplement Bro's deck or make your own anatomy deck. Unless there's a heavy pathophysiologic correlate, I wouldn't bother with Pathoma just yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I'm going a little overboard making my own flashcards...it's only four weeks in and I have 500+ anki cards to review:eek:. The enhanced image addon makes like 15 cards at a time though

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm going a little overboard making my own flashcards...it's only four weeks in and I have 500+ anki cards to review:eek:. The enhanced image addon makes like 15 cards at a time though
Lol I’m 1 week in and have 1,200 cards for 12 lectures. I get in about 200-500 reviews per day. We are doing anatomy, embryo, hists all at once so that might be why.

Beware the power of image occlusion.

You'll very quickly make far more cards than you have the stamina to deal with. What I currently do is group the occlusions so I have multiple per card. If I was doing knee anatomy for instance, I might occlude ACL, PCL, MCL, and LCL all on the same card rather than making 4 separate cards.

Also don't be afraid to increase your max intervals and let the algorithm do its work in spacing out your reviews. My big regret with Anki was keeping my intervals artificially shorter and only increasing them when I became overwhelmed with reviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Beware the power of image occlusion.

You'll very quickly make far more cards than you have the stamina to deal with. What I currently do is group the occlusions so I have multiple per card. If I was doing knee anatomy for instance, I might occlude ACL, PCL, MCL, and LCL all on the same card rather than making 4 separate cards.

That's a smart idea, I'll try to group them up more so there's not as much overlap

I hate feeling like I'm constantly behind

Hello all,
I am about to start my Anatomy block (First MS1 class) and was wondering how I would incorporate BROS deck with it starting the 1st day if I have barely learned any material? My first class is on Deep and Superficial back and BROS deck does not seem to have much information related to this topic, so should I use something like firecracker as a supplement to my lectures instead?

Also I was thinking of subscribing for Pathoma. What do you think it has helped you guys with most in conjunction with your lectures?

Thanks in advance for your help
If you haven't learned it in class don't worry about it. If you have a traditional normal first year, abnormal second year, there's no point buying pathoma (or first aid), nor is there much to do with bros. Biochem and phys is all I could've done last year. I didn't use it first year and just did the biochem deck a few weeks before second year. Don't freak out because you DON'T have to do boards prep dude. Do well in class and chill

Lol I’m 1 week in and have 1,200 cards for 12 lectures. I get in about 200-500 reviews per day. We are doing anatomy, embryo, hists all at once so that might be why.
Same with me its all over the place. Reason why I'm not doing flashcards. Only BROs deck, Lecture notes, and Firecracker

If you haven't learned it in class don't worry about it. If you have a traditional normal first year, abnormal second year, there's no point buying pathoma (or first aid), nor is there much to do with bros. Biochem and phys is all I could've done last year. I didn't use it first year and just did the biochem deck a few weeks before second year. Don't freak out because you DON'T have to do boards prep dude. Do well in class and chill
Someone told me I should just focus on class rank for now. Can't hurt to do little studying here and there though.