1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

How to deal with MCAT stress

Discussion in 'CARS Strategy Course with Jack Westin (Sponsored)' started by Jack Westin, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Exhibitor 5+ Year Member

SDN
    Sponsor
    SDN
    Exhibitor
    If you're anxious about the MCAT and want to learn more about how to handle the stress associated with such an exam, I encourage you to read my blog on how to deal with MCAT stress.

This exam is a major obstacle for many premedical students who end up stressing a lot about it. Feel free to discuss your thoughts, concerns, and what may have helped you overcome the stress of the MCAT.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Hospitalized likes this.
  2. Hospitalized

Hospitalized 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I think my main concern with this exam is that I'll score really well on one passage, yet awful on the next. I can't seem to find a reason why one score happened compared to the other.

3. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Exhibitor 5+ Year Member

SDN
    Sponsor
    SDN
    Exhibitor
    @Hospitalized try taking the time necessary to review each passage. This is more important the the number of passages you do (quality over quantity). When you understand why you got a question right and why you got a question wrong, you will be more likely to not make the same mistakes and to reinforce the correct way of thinking.