how to deal with PRESSURE from family members

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrisfeliciano

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A family member of mine thinks that I dont do enough school work therefore forcing me to get a job. I have to maintain a certain GPA to maintain my scholarsgip packeage. If I work then I wont be able to maintain my GPA hence therefore paying more for tuition. This subject came to me as depressing as if the work that I do in school is not appreciated. Help!!! Im in dire need of psychological evalution. Maybe I should go see my shrink now.

Members don't see this ad.

You could always not get a job and starting taking loans... that way you keep your scholarships and you're independent from a$$hole family members :clap:

I mean, Im a full-rider at my ugad school which costs 17K/sem. If I get a job, I am pretty sure that I will definitely lose my scholarship (at times I spend most of the night till morning studying for classes). I cant fit employment into my schedule. Everytime my family member see me at home theyre like "youre so layed back and everything youre too spolied" whatever... then to imply that the things that i do to not pay for school is unappreciated really just hurts...It soo consusing and just madly depressing

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by chrisfeliciano
I mean, Im a full-rider at my ugad school which costs 17K/sem. If I get a job, I am pretty sure that I will definitely lose my scholarship (at times I spend most of the night till morning studying for classes). I cant fit employment into my schedule. Everytime my family member see me at home theyre like "youre so layed back and everything youre too spolied" whatever... then to imply that the things that i do to not pay for school is unappreciated really just hurts...It soo consusing and just madly depressing

It depends on which family member this is... it could TOTALLY be jealousy. You could always say... "you don't know what it's like. It's a lot of work"

Follow it up with a nice "kiss my A$$"

LOL.

It was my sister. Shes a Physical Therapist and I dont think that its jealosy because when she was studying in college my parents payed full for her tuition and she did not get any scholarships whatsoever. However, she is the highest paying member of my family to date and shares much of her pay to my parents but she thinks that I dont do anything and that what i do is crap.
If something. I should be jealous of her because she didnt have to maintain anything... she didnt have to think about how much or how pays what during her college years.

Originally posted by chrisfeliciano
LOL.

It was my sister. Shes a Physical Therapist and I dont think that its jealosy because when she was studying in college my parents payed full for her tuition and she did not get any scholarships whatsoever. However, she is the highest paying member of my family to date and shares much of her pay to my parents but she thinks that I dont do anything and that what i do is crap.
If something. I should be jealous of her because she didnt have to maintain anything... she didnt have to think about how much or how pays what during her college years.

She got her education payed for and she's giving you crap? That is just weird. When I entered college, I kinda felt jealous of my friends who were still in high school because the responsibility I had was a lot compared to theirs. She could be bitter that she's not living an "easier" life. The transition from school to the workforce is probably what's gotten to her. Remind her that her college experience was just like yours. Hopefully that will shut her up :laugh: