1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How to describe intercollegiate athletics

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DazeN11, Sep 3, 2014.

1. DazeN11

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Okay, so I've been searching for threads on the same topic, but I can't find anything.

I cannot figure out how I'm supposed to describe intercollegiate athletics for my application.

I played softball at a nationally ranked junior college through the NJCAA. Obviously, we practiced every day, played about 6 games a week in season, and did study tables (required study hours) and some work in the community. Am I supposed to describe this? My role on the team was more involved with helping my teammates and working extremely hard. I would help them with class work and probably prevented a lot of them from failing classes. I also worked extremely hard in practice and would go above and beyond. I injured myself during our season and had to deal with this over the year. I eventually quit because I was never the same after my injury.

What of this is important? I feel as though a lot of this is obvious, but I also don't really understand what is necessary for this experience description.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ismet

Ismet PGY-almost done!
    Administrator Physician 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Describe what you did, why you enjoyed it, and what you learned from it.

4. DazeN11

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It sounds so strange to me to explain that we practiced and everything. But, okay. I'm over thinking this!

5. areserine

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Consider something like "dedicated x hours to x, y, and z." It'll show just how big a commitment it was (like a full time job!) and tells what you did without using a lot of space.