1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How to describe intercollegiate athletics

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DazeN11, Sep 3, 2014.

1. DazeN11

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Okay, so I've been searching for threads on the same topic, but I can't find anything.

I cannot figure out how I'm supposed to describe intercollegiate athletics for my application.

I played softball at a nationally ranked junior college through the NJCAA. Obviously, we practiced every day, played about 6 games a week in season, and did study tables (required study hours) and some work in the community. Am I supposed to describe this? My role on the team was more involved with helping my teammates and working extremely hard. I would help them with class work and probably prevented a lot of them from failing classes. I also worked extremely hard in practice and would go above and beyond. I injured myself during our season and had to deal with this over the year. I eventually quit because I was never the same after my injury.

What of this is important? I feel as though a lot of this is obvious, but I also don't really understand what is necessary for this experience description.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ismet

Ismet PGY-almost done!
    Administrator Physician 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Describe what you did, why you enjoyed it, and what you learned from it.

4. DazeN11

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It sounds so strange to me to explain that we practiced and everything. But, okay. I'm over thinking this!

5. areserine

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Consider something like "dedicated x hours to x, y, and z." It'll show just how big a commitment it was (like a full time job!) and tells what you did without using a lot of space.