How to describe the name of organization for Shadowing experience in AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuwhenucme

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering in the AACOMAS application Extracurricular, Volunteer, Community Service section, we have to put in the name of the organization. For example, for shadowing, I believe the position title is Clinical Observer or shadower (?) If we shadow multiple doctors, what should we put into the "Name of Organization"? Should we just put "Various" then describe in details of shadowing doctors and hospitals later? Or just pick a major one?

Members don't see this ad.

For my application, when I wrote in the doctor's name, I just put the location of the shadowing experience for the organization.

For example, if I shadowed Dr. Z at a surgery center, I would put the name of the center as the organization.

Should we break up the shadowing experiences if we have shadowed multiple physicians? One physician I only shadowed for one day and I hardly think that is worth making it's own experience.

Should we break up the shadowing experiences if we have shadowed multiple physicians? One physician I only shadowed for one day and I hardly think that is worth making it's own experience.
I broke mine up, shadowed 3 doctors, all different types of doctors, may be DO, or MD, take place different days... I say separate.