How To Do A Rotation In A Different Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

star767

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm an OMS II at WVSOM. We are getting ready to choose our rotations for the next year, and I have a couple rotations that I can do outside of my school or state wide area if I so choose. I am really interested in practicing in Miami, Florida as a Family Medicine Doctor. For those that are medical students at the Nova Southeastern University - College of Osteopathic Medicine, could you tell me which doctors are willing to take in students from another medical school to rotate with them? Could you also tell me the person that's in charge of handling all of your rotations so I could speak to that person and see if I can get my foot in the door. I'm just trying to find a way to network down there. Also I'm writing this ntoe here at this thread because for any one who is doing a rotation in Miami, Florida or has done a rotation, could you send the doctor's information to me so I can contact them and see if they're willing to take in an eager student? Thanks for all your help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

i lived in miami most of my life but went to med school in tx. i talked to my clerkship director and spoke to her about doing my 4th year required clerkships and my electives there so i could do audition rotations. She said it wouldnt be any problem to set that up, so ill be doing my 2 required clerks(EM, and geri) and the rest of the time in electives in surgery and EM. I havent finalized things yet, but it seems like im only going to deal with my school and theyll set things up with the other school in miami. Also dont forget, UM also has a med school there and works with a big hospital, jackson memorial. You could also do something through them, not just nova.

Hey everyone,

I'm an OMS II at WVSOM. We are getting ready to choose our rotations for the next year, and I have a couple rotations that I can do outside of my school or state wide area if I so choose. I am really interested in practicing in Miami, Florida as a Family Medicine Doctor. For those that are medical students at the Nova Southeastern University - College of Osteopathic Medicine, could you tell me which doctors are willing to take in students from another medical school to rotate with them? Could you also tell me the person that's in charge of handling all of your rotations so I could speak to that person and see if I can get my foot in the door. I'm just trying to find a way to network down there. Also I'm writing this ntoe here at this thread because for any one who is doing a rotation in Miami, Florida or has done a rotation, could you send the doctor's information to me so I can contact them and see if they're willing to take in an eager student? Thanks for all your help! :)

Miami for Family? Please tell me you speak spanish

Hey everyone,

If you're interested in a rotation down here I'd reccomend speaking w/ Dr. Robert Hasty:
3200 S University Dr
Nova Southeastern University
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328

He's the residency director at palmetto general and works at Nova...He teaches some of our classes and is a pretty approachable guy.

954-678-2273 you should reach the internal medicine department in which he works in