How to enter AP classes on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lilith

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to enter AP class credits? I know I can choose the "type" of class, but how do I enter the high school that I took my classes from?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are like me than your college accepted the AP credits. I asked AADSAS and they told me to put the credits along with my first semester in college, enter the P (for Pass) option and that's it.

Alternatively, you can add these credits by adding them under the school code 999999 - HIGH SCHOOL AP CREDIT, and using (P) - Pass as the grade.

Members don't see this ad :)
jheidenr said:
Alternatively, you can add these credits by adding them under the school code 999999 - HIGH SCHOOL AP CREDIT, and using (P) - Pass as the grade.

but, a rep at aadsas told me that if you got A's for certain intro classes b/c of the AP Test, you should put down the A, not a P.

anyone hear the same?

Thanks for your help. :)

speter33 said:
If you are like me than your college accepted the AP credits. I asked AADSAS and they told me to put the credits along with my first semester in college, enter the P (for Pass) option and that's it.

Agree. How do the credits appear on your college/university transcript? Do not record a grade. That would be perceived and grade inflation and could actually hurt the consideration of your application. Record your AP credits during semester one with the number of credit ours and AP for the grade. :idea:

Remmurts said:
Agree. How do the credits appear on your college/university transcript? Do not record a grade. That would be perceived and grade inflation and could actually hurt the consideration of your application. Record your AP credits during semester one with the number of credit ours and AP for the grade. :idea:

eh?
what if a few A's were earned by AP tests and those A's were figured into the GPA at the university? then, that student will have to put down A's on the appl, right?

thanx!

MY undergrad school doesn't give grades if you pass the AP test. They only gave a P if you got a 3 or above for the AP test.