How to enter AP credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm entering AP Biology and AP US History into my AMCAS, should I make the course class BIOL and HIST or Other? Or does it probably not matter either way?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think it matters,i put mine under the subject it was. As long as you put it under high school, and enter the grade as "G" ( you might want to double check that.)

Eh? High school? AMCAS handbook says assign freshman status to AP credit awarded when you first enter college, and to put it under the institution awarding the credit. As such I put it in my first semester at my undergrad school. And it says to leave the grade blank. Isn't this how it should be done?

Members don't see this ad :)
I put it under the first semester as well, but there is a place you can check AP, ans select taken in high school, thats how i read it, i may be wrong. Asd for G, i though thats what you did, but i am not sure

As for the grade:
"

The following AMCAS grades do not have a weight or value in computing the AMCAS GPA:

G Used to indicate AP credit not assigned a letter grade

L Used for CLEP or USAFI/DANTES credit not assigned a letter grade

P Used for courses taken in a Pass/Fail system, which are Passed

N Used for courses taken in a Pass/Fail system, which are Failed"

I think you enter G, or maybe they do it for you

Can anyone comfirm whether we leave it blank or put a G?

Athomeonarock said:
As for the grade:
"

The following AMCAS grades do not have a weight or value in computing the AMCAS GPA:

G Used to indicate AP credit not assigned a letter grade

L Used for CLEP or USAFI/DANTES credit not assigned a letter grade

P Used for courses taken in a Pass/Fail system, which are Passed

N Used for courses taken in a Pass/Fail system, which are Failed"

I think you enter G, or maybe they do it for you

Ah screw it, it don't matter, I put G's and submitted it. That's a load off.