How to enter summer courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.Furfur

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused how to enter a full year general chemistry course (9 credits) that was taken in one summer.
should i ender it as a summer session? or summer semester?
AMCAS says to list it under the first term of the subsequent academic year.

AMCAS says to list it under the first term of the subsequent academic year.
OOPS! Sorry!! I was wrong.

I think you list it under the subsequent academic year but as either summer session (for semester schools) or summer quarter (for quarter schools).

Members don't see this ad :)
don't stress about how you enter your grades. AMCAS automatically checks it with your transcripts and will correct it if you entered it in wrong. I entered the 'academic year' wrong for all my classes, and it got corrected when my AMCAS was approved. It didn't delay the amount of time or anything. And, I'm pretty sure it didn't affect how medical schools perceived my application, either...

Last edited:
I'm not worried about the grade, I'm worried about the fact that this is a full year course that I finished in one session....so if they consider it as a one semester of chemistry, I won't be meeting the prerequisites for any university I am applying to...
I see your point, but I wouldn't worry about it either. It's very probable that other people have walked in your shoes before and medical schools probably already know about it. If it says on your transcript that it's worth a full year course, it'll be counted as such.
-
Also, medical school prerequisites are only a rough guideline. Many people get in without 'officially' completing the requirements, so long as they complete it before they matriculate. A student of mine was accepted to Yale Medical School (and other great schools), and she is currently completing general chemistry!