smc927

El Flaquito
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2002
Wandering Around
Visit site
Status
I posted this in pre-DO but wanted to put it here, too.

A friend told me about a site that has the average GPA and MCAT by medical school. They're giving away free access. So I tried and they gave me a free account. I guess it is a temporary thing but I thought I'd spread the word. You have to email [email protected] and type "freebie" as the subject of your email. They got back to me really quick.

medicine_man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
Status
Go to Borders or Barnes and Noble, and buy the Magazine: US News and World Report America's Best Graduate Schools. It has a list of our top 50 med schools for research, and top 50 for primary care. It also has a glossary in the back of every (i believe) med school in the country w/ their gpa's, mcat scores, tuition $, total enrollment, etc.

There are also other books that are more comprehensive. I bought one called The Complete Book of Medical Schools by the princeton review. They are both good for easy reference. you should check them out.

OP
S

smc927

El Flaquito
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2002
Wandering Around
Visit site
Status
I definitely plan to check out some books (for learning's sake and for some friends, I've been accepted!!!) - especially to see how www.medschoolstats.com compares. Of course, I'll just sit in Borders and look through them. No need to fork out the money for it since this site was free and I'm in anyway!!