How to gauge program reputation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uncle Albert

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone says doximity has many flaws but there’s no other list of rankings out there other than Becker’s review but that only lists the top 20. I’m just wondering how do you go about figuring out what a program’s reputation is in terms of getting competitive fellowship/Job?

On a more personal level, can anyone help me rank the following places based on program prestige? Harbor UCLA, Iowa, Minnesota, Case Western University Hosp, Montefiore/Einstein, Brown University Hosp, Georgetown, University of Maryland.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone says doximity has many flaws but there’s no other list of rankings out there other than Becker’s review but that only lists the top 20. I’m just wondering how do you go about figuring out what a program’s reputation is in terms of getting competitive fellowship/Job?

On a more personal level, can anyone help me rank the following places based on program prestige? Harbor UCLA, Iowa, Minnesota, Case Western University Hosp, Montefiore/Einstein, Brown University Hosp, Georgetown, University of Maryland.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I might suggest looking at the links at the top of this forum.

Reactions: 1 user
Those are all roughly solid mid tier programs. From an east coast perspective umd brown monte and gtown are all solid maybe a slight edge to monte and umd but I would say location is actually the biggest separation between these 4 (i.e. Where you'd prefer to be, bigger cities Balt/DC vs NYC vs small city providence). All had solid match lists and generally won't close any doors.