how to get 20 on QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSND

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I worte in augest. and got a 17 on the QR. i have the Destroyer and i went throw it twice. now I am looking for different material.
have any of you used Crack the dat Math. is it any good.
pleas let me know if you recomend the Crack the Dat Math?
i think it includes vidios! are they worth watching?

Members don't see this ad.

You went through Math Destroyer twice and got a 17? was it because there were questions on the actual test that you've never seen in destroyer or because of time? I haven't used Crack DAT math but I saw a few people saying it was helpful because it gives you lots of practice.

I worte in augest. and got a 17 on the QR. i have the Destroyer and i went throw it twice. now I am looking for different material.
have any of you used Crack the dat Math. is it any good.
pleas let me know if you recomend the Crack the Dat Math?
i think it includes vidios! are they worth watching?

Well my math background is unrelated to dat math. they are so different.
Some people say they skip all the word problems first. I dont think its a good idea b/c word problems make up most of the test. and most of them are really easy. So quickly read it and see if you can do it or not... if you cant just make a guess and mark it and move on and don't spend too much time on one problem. I realized on the test for 2 problems i spent more than 5 mins. But i was unable to finish the LAST question so i just picked C. Make sure you guess & MARK b/c sometime you forget about the time and if you leave questions blank you will have no chance of getting them right rather than just guessing them.

I did not use any of the materials you have used. I only studied math for couple days, total of may be 5 hrs. I have a strong math background.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/9655036/Formula-In-Geometry

know the whole first page... and understand

it.
for the second page i would concentrate on

the square,rectangle, sphere, right circular

cone, regular tetrahedron, VERY IMP: RIGHT

CIRCULAR cylinder know this one...

Trig.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/9655198/Trigonometry-Cheat-Sheet

Know the definition of six trig. functions
reciprocal identities
tangent and cotangent identities
Pythagorean identities
reduction formulas
cos function identities
& take a look at the circle on the bottom of

page 2 and know all those values of sin and

cos. it helps you where and how everything

is set up.

probability, just understand the basic.
Study the graphs like distance b/w 2 points.
how to find slope etc... everything is

kaplan book... except for the links that i

provided above.

there are only what i studied.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would say luck.. lol. i never bought math destroyer only went through math questions in the dat destroyer. time was a major issue for me and if i had practiced more i wouldnt end up literally just picking any random answer in the last half minute for about 7 questions. in order to get a sure 20+ though you just need to get a lottttttttt of practice and make sure you understand everytime you get an answer wrong. good luck!

Well my math background is unrelated to dat math. they are so different.
Some people say they skip all the word problems first. I dont think its a good idea b/c word problems make up most of the test. and most of them are really easy. So quickly read it and see if you can do it or not... if you cant just make a guess and mark it and move on and don't spend too much time on one problem. I realized on the test for 2 problems i spent more than 5 mins. But i was unable to finish the LAST question so i just picked C. Make sure you guess & MARK b/c sometime you forget about the time and if you leave questions blank you will have no chance of getting them right rather than just guessing them.

I did not use any of the materials you have used. I only studied math for couple days, total of may be 5 hrs. I have a strong math background.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/9655036/Formula-In-Geometry

know the whole first page... and understand

it.
for the second page i would concentrate on

the square,rectangle, sphere, right circular

cone, regular tetrahedron, VERY IMP: RIGHT

CIRCULAR cylinder know this one...

Trig.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/9655198/Trigonometry-Cheat-Sheet

Know the definition of six trig. functions
reciprocal identities
tangent and cotangent identities
Pythagorean identities
reduction formulas
cos function identities
& take a look at the circle on the bottom of

page 2 and know all those values of sin and

cos. it helps you where and how everything

is set up.

probability, just understand the basic.
Study the graphs like distance b/w 2 points.
how to find slope etc... everything is

kaplan book... except for the links that i

provided above.

there are only what i studied.

i'm thinking of retaking my DAT so this would be good to know ! thanks for the breakdown

I believe someone on here recommended trying the barron's SAT math book. It has tons of practice and its actually a bit harder or something lol?

Actually... I think I'll go check it out at the library today, will report back tomorrow?

I did destroyer but I would time myself to do the questions in 40mins (not the 45 you get). Also, when you read the questions and you don't know how to do it immediately, mark it, select and answer and then move on (I always went with choice D, but you can pick your favorite letter).