1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get a fee-for-service job?

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by Psych317, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Psych317

Psych317 Doctoral Student
    7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    Hi, I'm currently a third year student in a Psy.D. program in Clinical Psych and completed my master's already. I am interested in a part time fee-for-service job to make some money and get additional experience working with clients outside of practicums. Does anyone have suggestions on how to go about finding such a position or what the proper approach would be?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paramour

7+ Year Member

First check with your program to determine whether or not they even allow it. Some require that you approve any extracurricular or outside employment through them, especially if it requires the use of clinical skills.

Otherwise, the contractual positions that I and others in my program have landed tend to be ones that we obtained through previous practicum sites or through various connections known/made due to our program.

4. roubs

roubs Ph.D. Student
    7+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    Quit school and declare yourself a life coach. It will work out better financially.

5. Shatani

Shatani Real Life Doctory Type
    7+ Year Member

Psychologist
    if you have any behavioral health focused temp agencies in your area, that would be a good start. thats where i got my summer jobs.