• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

How to get a pharm tech job in Chicago

Nicepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2005
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi guys,

I realllly want to work as a retail pharm tech but its the middle of the summer and it seems like nothing is open anymore! :( I really want the experience and also to try out whether I like retail pharmacy before I start pharm school in the fall! How did you guys go about looking for a pharm tech position? Does anyone know of anyone hiring in the Chicagoland area? If so...please help and lend me some advice!! thank you!

Darvocet

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Oct 26, 2005
    1. Pre-Pharmacy
      Nicepharm said:
      Hi guys,

I realllly want to work as a retail pharm tech but its the middle of the summer and it seems like nothing is open anymore! :( I really want the experience and also to try out whether I like retail pharmacy before I start pharm school in the fall! How did you guys go about looking for a pharm tech position? Does anyone know of anyone hiring in the Chicagoland area? If so...please help and lend me some advice!! thank you!

walgreens, they're everywhere! :eek:

if you have pharmacy expirience they might let you become a floater tech. a lot of people are taking days off in the summer and they need people to float around and fill those positions.

About the Ads

Nicepharm

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Sep 8, 2005
      1. Pre-Pharmacy
        ButlerPharm.D. said:
        What area do you live in? Hospitals are always working for PRN help, this can often times transform into a part-time position.

I live around the downtown Chicago area and it's like a prime location where all the pharm students get jobs so it's been hard looking for openings.

Genecks

10+ Year Member
        Sep 23, 2008
        1. Pre-Medical
          Bump.

I was about to create the same thread.

Anyone have more recent knowledge on this?

It's extremely disheartening to see the last post by the thread creator.

I'm thinking I could live somewhat out of the downtown area, as long as I can get access to the El. I'll be having my B.S. Neuroscience soon, and I'm considering working for a while. I'm not interested in bogus grunt work like third-shift in retail or supply or stuff like that. I've done it, and I don't want that. Also, the pay is often not enough (I consider myself too educated to be paid low and physically worked that hard): Graduate school would be easier.

I'm attempting to stay in Chicago, because I would like to try for medical school (and I need to do volunteer work/shadowing still). I'm considering doing CNA volunteer and some kind of doctor shadowing.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.