How to get AMCAS verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sababa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK.. those of you that submitted in July and aren't verified yet might be pissed but....

I submitted exactly one month ago, and still no progress. Those of you that have been successful in getting AMCAS to speed the process, how did you do it?

10x alot, SDN is great.. people here might be a little tense (me too), but you're really beating the conception of pre-meds as cut-throat. you guys are supportive and helpful! cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, only submitted a month ago? I guess you are going to have to wait the usual 6-8 weeks because there are tons of people submitted before you who still aren't verified. I don't think there is anything you can do to speed up the process.
It took them 12 weeks to verify my application, so you might have a long wait! :D Seriously though, you will probably be verified sooner than that. AMCAS has been getting their act together.

Although I did not use this option myself, I have heard that a letter from your lawyer significantly expedites your verification proess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, not sure they'll be too interested in hearing from a September submitter at this point in time. It'll happen though.

Let me say from experience that a letter from a lawyer is effective. I finally decided that it couldn't make matters any worse, so I had my friend's dad write a letter (basically just asking when I'd be verified--not threatening at all). They called his office that afternoon and I was verified two days later. And, to make the story even better, Nancy (AMCAS director) faxed him a letter yesterday apologizing profusely and offering to pay for my psychotherapy that resulted from AMCAS delays. ;)
So, if you really wanna be verified, find some legal person to write up a litte note on official letterhead. Then, just sit back and watch the system work.

I was lucky enough to have AMCAS screw up my application even more than most people. In July they sent me an email saying that all of my transcripts were in. Then, in Sept. they told me they didnt have them.

I basically sent them an email copying all of their emails and complaining that they caused an extra two month delay in the processing of my application. That, and I b*&tched them out quite a bit.

I don't know how, but it worked. My app got verified yesterday after 3 weeks with the Xs.

Of course, the email that I got in response to my complaining looked like it had been written by a three year old, but my guess is that they may be hiring *quite* young to get the job done.

Only 1,800,000 applications to go. Good job AMCAS!

Sababa, wait the 6-8 weeks from the date you submitted. So another 1-1.5 months for you. If your applictaion is not verified then, you can try the legal action route. They "guarantee" that the application will take between 6-8 weeks to process, so you can't really complain if it's only been 4, Be patient! I know it sucks, but the rest of us had to do it too.

Just got processed yesterday. Submitted at end of September. Never contacted amcas. Hope this helps.

Submitted 8/1

red x's 9/13 ish

no movement at all untill...
email Nancy Tillinghast 10/13
call her 10/27
verified app 10/31

yeah dog!