How to get back at the medical schools that didn’t accept you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scoopdaboop

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
In sports, peoples often hold grudges against teams that pass them up in the draft etc and can get back at those teams by playing well against them. However, there is no such option in medicine; that is one can’t really try to get back at the school that rejected them. I guess the best thing to do is to be a program director and never take students from that medical school. Any other suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
  • Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 8 users
In sports, peoples often hold grudges against teams that pass them up in the draft etc and can get back at those teams by playing well against them. However, there is no such option in medicine; that is one can’t really try to get back at the school that rejected them. I guess the best thing to do is to be a program director and never take students from that medical school. Any other suggestions?
Don’t you have anything better to do than wasting your brain cells and asking these types of questions? There are a lot of people who need help out there...go volunteer yourself...make yourself a useful person...it will make you feel better about yourself than trying to get to back to school who won’t spend a second thinking of you.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Well if you got rejected at that school you didn't have the app/goods, straight up. People like you are the reason why DOs get a bad rep. You don't get into MD and then look down on the MD schools that (rightfully) rejected you and act arrogantly

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you ever seen the Korean film Oldboy?

I say something along those lines.

• Haha
If youre honestly resentful enough to spend your entire career trying to trash one schools reputation bc you didn't get accepted, I question your maturity as it relates to a career in medicine.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
How does the saying go, "The best revenge is massive success"?

Reactions: 3 users
Well if you got rejected at that school you didn't have the app/goods, straight up. People like you are the reason why DOs get a bad rep. You don't get into MD and then look down on the MD schools that (rightfully) rejected you and act arrogantly

actually I do not resent any md schools. I am more resentful towards do schools that didn’t accept me precisely because I was competitive for all of them.
If youre honestly resentful enough to spend your entire career trying to trash one schools reputation bc you didn't get accepted, I question your maturity as it relates to a career in medicine.
Well, you can question it all you want. I know what I have to do and accomplish to get to where I want to be and am willing to sacrifice to do those things...as all peoples who reach attending level have to do. and I’m not trashing one school I just made a thinking out loud post I guess.
Don’t you have anything better to do than wasting your brain cells and asking these types of questions? There are a lot of people who need help out there...go volunteer yourself...make yourself a useful person...it will make you feel better about yourself than trying to get to back to school who won’t spend a second thinking of you.
I mean I chose medicine for the right reasons so I do volunteer and do other things. I do not really feel bad about anything, I go to a good school etc. but I guess a school who has a kid fail first year and he has to repeat etc is the payback I have; if they accepted me over that person they wouldn’t have that issue.

• Dislike
  • Inappropriate
  • Okay...

Really? You would interfere with the success of future medical students as a way of spiting a school?

actually I do not resent any md schools. I am more resentful towards do schools that didn’t accept me precisely because I was competitive for all of them.

Well, you can question it all you want. I know what I have to do and accomplish to get to where I want to be and am willing to sacrifice to do those things...as all peoples who reach attending level have to do. and I’m not trashing one school I just made a thinking out loud post I guess.

I mean I chose medicine for the right reasons so I do volunteer and do other things. I do not really feel bad about anything, I go to a good school etc. but I guess a school who has a kid fail first year and he has to repeat etc is the payback I have; if they accepted me over that person they wouldn’t have that issue.

No sarcastic response I have can do this kind of thinking justice.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

From your response, I believe they made the right decision by not picking you...the person may have failed for his or her circumstances and something can be fixed. Your inability to move on and obsession seem to be more serious lol

• Love

How about chill? This post is frightening.

• Dislike
Really? You would interfere with the success of future medical students as a way of spiting a school?
hm true this would be unfair to the students. i guess in the end, there really isnt a way.

From your response, I believe they made the right decision by not picking you...the person may have failed for his or her circumstances and something can be fixed. Your inability to move on and obsession seem to be more serious lol

Okay I understand that there are reasons people do not succeed the first time around and do the second time, often times due to extenuating circumstances as you alluded to. I’m not talking down on those people, just simply observing that, it would not be me if the school were better with their admission process.

• Dislike
I'm embarrassed you attend the same school I do. This attitude is shameful.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
I'm embarrassed you attend the same school I do. This attitude is shameful.
Ok I agree that trying to be a PD for the sole reason I mentioned is shameful, particularly because it affects my peers, but I don’t feel bad at all about having the attitude that I wish there was some repercussions the schools felt, particularly because people spend thousands during interview season, and the schools themselves keep you in a limbo forever if you’re waitlisted, and often they give you some half baked response if asking why you were waitlisted not accepts etc.

• Dislike
Ok I agree that trying to be a PD for the sole reason I mentioned is shameful, particularly because it affects my peers, but I don’t feel bad at all about having the attitude that I wish there was some repercussions the schools felt, particularly because people spend thousands during interview season, and the schools themselves keep you in a limbo forever if you’re waitlisted, and often they give you some half baked response if asking why you were waitlisted not accepts etc.
I am speechless with your attitude...Whichever school admitted you did a terrible job at filtering out applicants. The school that did not admit you actually was smart...They may as well thinking of you...but instead of regretting, they are having a COVID compliant party lol

Jeez, what a childish view. What kind of repercussions do you envision? How would you like your undeserved pound of flesh?

• Dislike
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.