How to get into med school with a Master degree and without an MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

henleys5

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can anyone list some med schools that take students with a Master degree and without an MCAT, if any?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Can anyone list some med schools that take students with a Master degree and without an MCAT, if any?

Thanks,
There are none in the US. Many foreign medical schools, including Caribbean ones, will accept students without an MCAT, but they come with enormous risk and significantly decrease your chances of ever practicing medicine in the US. I can't recommend opting for those pathways. Shortcuts rarely take you where you want to go.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM will take you without an MCAT. They just need your GPAs and SAT and/or ACT scores to come up with an academic index score.

Just take the mcat. No it's not a walk in the park, but it's also not the hardest part of applying

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
LECOM is the only one i know of. You are severely limiting yourself by not taking it.

Why wouldn't you take the MCAT? I understand it sucks to study for and costs money, but it's part of the process. If you're super super bad at taking standardized tests, you'll really struggle in medicine anyways IMO (not that you can't be a good doc and be bad at testing, but it's something to think about)