How to get LORs in covid era?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mkif586

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Today our school (which is located in a place with currently one of the highest infection rates in the world) announced that it most likely remains closed until spring semester 2022 even if vaccine is available - by that time I will already graduate (and probably apply to med school). I currently have 0 LORs as I planned to obtain them during junior-senior years. Where do I go from now? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
1. Employment (research and clinical especially).
2. Take in person classes to the extent possible even if at other institutions. Go to office hours frequently. Ditto for virtual office others.
3. Start going back to freshman and sophomore year professors.

1. Employment (research and clinical especially).
2. Take in person classes to the extent possible even if at other institutions. Go to office hours frequently. Ditto for virtual office others.
3. Start going back to freshman and sophomore year professors.
Employment letters don't count since schools require letters from STEM professors.
My school doesn't offer in person classes
I think those profs hardly remember me to give me strong LOR
but thank you anyway

Members don't see this ad :)
Employment letters don't count since schools require letters from STEM professors.
but thank you anyway
Employment letters are still valuable and sought after by schools. They are in addition to the science and nonscience faculty letters

Employment letters are still valuable and sought after by schools. They are in addition to the science and nonscience faculty letters
Basically my question pertains to how to get science LORs, sorry if that wasn't clear

but thank you anyway
Can you find a position in a lab doing research from one your of former STEM professors?

Definitely a tough situation. I agree that virtual office hours are going to be key. Consider TAing if possible. You could get good (virtual) teaching experience and build a stronger relationship with your professors.

Reactions: 1 users