How to get off waitlist at dream school at this point in the 2020-2021 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AcceptableKale

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I’m still waitlisted at my dream school. They’ve been taking people off the waitlist so there is still movement, although extremely minimal.

I submitted an update letter in January 2021, interviewed in April 2021, sent a letter of intent in May 2021, and was waitlisted in June 2021.

I don’t have anything new to update them on. I was thinking of sending them an email to ask them if there will be further waitlist movement and to show my continued interest just so I'm not just another number on their waitlist.

Should I send this email, and how would I go about constructing this email?

Members don't see this ad.

The harsh truth is that you're looking at this in the wrong way. At this point in the game, there's pretty much nothing that you're going to do that will affect the process. Their WL rankings are probably set in stone as the AdCom has likely already moved onto the 2021-2022 cycle. You'll get in if a spot opens up, and they get to your name on the list.

In regards to sending an e-mail, it's more for your own peace of mind if you want to feel like you've done everything you could. You can write asking for an update on WL movement and take some time to reiterate your interest, but I wouldn't spend much time or effort on it if I were in your position.