how to get started on studying DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsshin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
i just graduated from 4 yr college with bio major.
I want to get started on studying DAT, but I am not sure how to begin.
Can anyone suggest books I should study for DAT? I really want to get above 20 for all because my GPA isnt so great (3.4). I will be taking DAT around march.

Members don't see this ad.

Old text books, Cliffs, CRACK DAT, Barrons, Schuams, Destroyer. I promise, if you do a search you will find about 100K postings on DAT study materials.

Last edited:
Hey there,
I'm actually in the same boat. Graduated with a Bio Major with an overall GPA of 3.40. I'm ready to start studying for the DAT but wondering if anyone has any suggestions on which study books are the best and if the Kaplan course is any good/helpful? I've actually been out of school for 2 years now so I need a good review of bio and chem.

strongly recommend you guys use Destroyer. I just finished it and it help me review and depth understanding gen chem & ochem.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) start with a basic foundation: Kaplan BB & Cliff AP bio
2) Destroyer + whatever else you can get you hands on (Crack DAT PAT/MATH)
3) Practice test (save the tests until you are ready - Once you've taken a test, the same test is not as effective the second time around)
4) Review everything one last time and fine tune subjects your shady on.

That's my game anyways... good luck.

Kaplan Big blue book, Princeton Review MCAT hyperlearning series, Cliffs AP Biology, DAT Destroyer, Crack DAT PAT and MATH, Achiever tests, Topscore tests-those should be enough resources to get you that 20+ you want. good luck!