1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

how to get to anaheim from LAX?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by minter, Mar 22, 2004.

1. minter

minter Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm going to CA next week for the American Chemical Society meeting in Anaheim, but I'm flying into LAX. do any of you know of the best way to get to anaheim from la?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    105e 605s 91e 5s......and that should take you to the anaheim convention center....which is where im assuming where the american chemical society is going to meet...

there should be signs cause i forget the exact exit name. if not just mapquest it.

4. BenzML320

BenzML320 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Then exit Disney Way. Make a left onto Harbor. Then a right onto Katella. The convention center is on Katella across the street from Disneyland.

5. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    nice team work bro. ;)

6. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

dont mean to be annoying or anything, but you might want to mapquest it then you can get exact number of miles and other cool things like a map.

7. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    easily over 30 miles and lots of dennys on the way :D

8. BenzML320

BenzML320 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Gotta represent The OC. Haha. Annual pass to Disneyland, gotta figure my local geography is sharp. I think I will double my number of posts tonight thanks to finals.

9. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

i love dennys late at night. its basically like the only place open 24 hrs. well mells diner is cool too for late night. :D

10. BenzML320

BenzML320 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The IHOP across the street from John Wayne is open 24 hours. Anyone been to Harbor House Cafe on PCH in Sunset Beach?

11. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

nope. where is sunset beach, how far is it from santa monica? tell us more bout the cafe...

12. BenzML320

BenzML320 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sunset Beach is just north of Huntington, but South of Redondo and Seal Beach. It is a small diner-type place open 24 hours. Cool people and college students who want to be cool go there after the bars close.

13. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

got to check it out sometime.

jlee, i just pmed you. did you get it?

14. lessismoe

lessismoe Momma to Ronan
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey, just in case you didn't want to rent a car from the airport (but I'm sure you will cuz it's CA) there is a Disneyland shuttle from LAX. I took it back in Oct. I think it was ~$20 pp

15. bewitched1081

bewitched1081 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

if you ever come back to oc try to fly into john wayne. it's much easier. if possible, dont rent a car at lax. the traffic is horrendous. take a shuttle to a rental car place in oc and get a car there. if youre worried about directions, rest assured that almost everyone that drives could tell you how to get to the anaheim convetion ctr. it's right next to a few other major attractions. just to give you an idea, without traffic, it takes about 1 hr to drive from lax to the anaheim convention ctr. with heavy traffic, it can take up to 2 hrs or more.

16. minter

minter Member
    7+ Year Member

I should have been more clear, sorry. I can't rent a car, so I was actually asking about more public transportation options.

Lessismoe- what is this disneyland shuttle? will they have directions for it at the airport?

I had to fly southwest--I had credit there after cancelling a flight for an interview, and southwest only flies into LAX :( at least I don't completely lose the $200+.

THanks guys!

17. lessismoe

lessismoe Momma to Ronan
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You follow the signs to where the bus/shuttle pick-ups are (if I remember correctly, it's in the concrete median) and the bus will come by hourly. I think it says something like Disneyland shuttle on the front, but I'm not sure-- I'll ask my fiance for you. Anyhow, it's a big charter bus.

Also, you can always call Cloud 9 shuttle or Supershuttle for a ride. I'm not sure where you're staying, but sometimes nicer hotels will have shuttles to their hotel.

18. premyo2002

7+ Year Member

Alas, the secret meeting location for the cool people is out!! I will be there... what time does the bars close, is it the same time as starbucks

19. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    haha yeah fool....you must have been hella bored to pm me :laugh:

yeah that cafe sounds cool tho

20. BenzML320

BenzML320 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think the bars close at 2. Most of the Starbucks around here close at 12. Except the one at the Block, I think that closes at 1:30 on weekends.

21. MzzMisty

MzzMisty Member
    7+ Year Member

Ive lived in anaheim and know this area well ... take the 405 south then the 22 going east exit Harbor blvd . and go north (there are two exits for harbor north and south} then the convention center is on katella you'll be making another left onto katella its about 30/45 min from LA and much easier drive then previously mentioned.. hope this helps..

22. MzzMisty

MzzMisty Member
    7+ Year Member

By the way the Harbor House Cafe is fabulous and inexpensive .. i just ate there today.. Yumm Yumm.. and its 24 hrs too...