Nov 26, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Hi,

I am an international medical student going to do elective in United States. I am looking for any department offer cheap vaccines to visiting students, maybe a Public Department Cinic or something else?

I would do rotation in University Hospital in Cleveland during Jan. next year. I am going to do elective in vcu school of medicine in Feb, just after my rotation in Cleveland. VCU shool of medicine requires me to get Hep B booster, Tdap, and a chest x-ray in United States before my rotation there. As my traveling health insurance doesn't cover preventive medicine, it could be expensive and inconvenient to get these down. Any advice ?

Thanks.

VA Hopeful Dr

15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
But I have not found any health department offering free vaccines in Cleveland yet, any recommendation? Thanks!
You're not going to find anywhere that does free vaccines. Health Departments are usually the cheapest. Tdap you can get at a pharmacy as well. The Hep B will be trickier.

OP
L
Nov 26, 2013
Status
Medical Student
You're not going to find anywhere that does free vaccines. Health Departments are usually the cheapest. Tdap you can get at a pharmacy as well. The Hep B will be trickier.
Actually, I only need HBV booster, I have serologic document to prove anti-HBs positive. will it still be tricker, and why?
Thanks!

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Are you rotating at a hospital where you live prior to coming to the US? Usually the hospital has an employee health dept and many times you can get the vaccines for free.