Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How to handle required courses not yet taken?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by anon y mous, Jun 19, 2008.

1. anon y mous

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    If a school requires extra math, calculus or biochem or something and it's only one school, how do you write on your app that you will take it? Honestly if I get rejected anyway I don't want to take it. I think you only have to take it before you matriculate so how do you let them know you'll take it if (and only if :)) you get accepted and choose to go there? Could they accept you pending you complete the course and get at least a C?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    There's always a place for "extra" required coursework on the secondary, saying that you'll complete such and such before matriculation. I wouldn't make a big deal of saying that you refuse to take the course until you've been accepted... just write it down as 2nd semester. :thumbup:

4. anon y mous

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    :laugh: I wasn't really planning on saying that. I was just telling you guys I wouldn't take it unless i got accepted. But if they screen will they reject me because I don't have the pre-reqs if there is no place to put it on the AMCAS form? I don't want to say anything about it in my PS. Or am I missing it on the AMCAS form?

5. anon y mous

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
  6. MILK07

MILK07 Silence, I kill you!!
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    isn't there a "future classes" section? Just put it in there for your second semester. If you get accepted, take it. If not, I doubt any other schools would care- you could just say it was closed or conflicted with another class, etc.