How to improve BS by 2 pts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubisco88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am feeling really discouraged right now. I can't get past an 8 on the BS section on my practice tests (AAMCs and TPR tests). I am taking the test June 21st. What can I do to improve my score 2 pts? Is it even possible?

Should I be reading the passages? I usually just skim the passage without really looking at the diagrams until I look at the questions.

Would it be a good idea to reread EK bio for a quick content review? I am missing quite a bit of the biology discretes/straighforward questions.

Members don't see this ad.

I am feeling really discouraged right now. I can't get past an 8 on the BS section on my practice tests (AAMCs and TPR tests). I am taking the test June 21st. What can I do to improve my score 2 pts? Is it even possible?

Should I be reading the passages? I usually just skim the passage without really looking at the diagrams until I look at the questions.

Would it be a good idea to reread EK bio for a quick content review? I am missing quite a bit of the biology discretes/straighforward questions.

It will definitely help to read the entire passage and make a basic interpretation of the figures.

If you are missing the discretes, your content knowledge is lacking. Depending on how weak it is, June 21 might be too soon to increase your score significantly.

If you're missing discretes then you're content is lacking.

Do you have TPR materials? There's a small paper booklet that's called like science review. Go through a few of those questions everyday.

There are usually 13 discretes on the AAMCs, and if you are missing 4+, you content is lacking in IMO.