How to Improve CARS Score in 2-3 months

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopefulpremed123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am planning on taking my MCAT in January and currently my CARS score is around 124-125. Can anyone please refer me some resources and guide me through the best steps I can take to increase my score to possibly a 127+. I believe my main issue is with comprehension of a few passages and not necessarily speed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I used the AAMC practice packs for CARS and listened to the next step mcat podcast. My issue was that I’m really good at reading and comprehension, but I second guessed myself and often couldn’t distinguish between answers that were offered. I ended up with a 130 on the exam in August. I would say that the podcast really clarified it for me. Listening to others deduce which answer was correct was something I found really helpful. It gave me a better strategy for approaching it. Of course, that’s what worked for me. You may need something different, but it’s worth a shot.