How to improve CARS score long-term?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yokiguz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still about a year out from when I want to take my MCAT. I wrote back in 2017 and scored a 127/128 in CARS (Can't remember). It was one of my lowest catagories so I am looking to improve. I have started to critically read some NYT opinions/WSJ opinions. But what else should I read/do?

Thanks for all the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry but I also got a 128 on CARS, so my advice on getting 130+ would be strictly hypothetical. Are you retaking it because of your CARS score alone? If so, the highest you can improve on your overall score is 4-5 points, which won't really help that much if you already scored 97+ percentile. With that being said, I found creating my own AAMC style questions based on their CARS passages helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry but I also got a 128 on CARS, so my advice on getting 130+ would be strictly hypothetical. Are you retaking it because of your CARS score alone? If so, the highest you can improve on your overall score is 4-5 points, which won't really help that much if you already scored 97+ percentile. With that being said, I found creating my own AAMC style questions based on their CARS passages helpful.
I am retaking because my old Mcat has expired. But if possible I'd always like to be improving!

Suggested readings: The Atlantic Monthly, The New Republic and anything that contains art or book reviews. Writings that stake out an opinion and use elevated language and sophisticated reasoning to defend that point of view are what you should look for.

Reactions: 1 user
Suggested readings: The Atlantic Monthly, The New Republic and anything that contains art or book reviews. Writings that stake out an opinion and use elevated language and sophisticated reasoning to defend that point of view are what you should look for.
Thank you. This is exactly what I am looking for!

Reactions: 1 user