How to improve GPA--ANYONE...????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AL_08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to this site and wanted to get some advice as to how to improve GPA. I use to be an Engineer major and found it to be pretty difficult and unfortunately my GPA took a hit due to it and other factors such as work and losing my job etc. Along the way I found an interest in medicine through volunteer work and my current employment in the medical field. Now am a History and Physics Major as I do fairly well in them both though the upper division courses in Physics seem difficult so far.

I have since then started taking the premed courses Bio, Chem, OChem, etc and have done very well (All "A's" ) in them fortunately but no matter how well I do in them including other classes I am taking, I still find it extremely difficult to get over that 3.0 hump due to all the Engineering courses I didn't do so well in (Plus back then I didn't think I was going to be interested in Medicine hence the GPA).

Anyone out there with similar experiences as to what would be the best route to improve GPA? Should I just keep taking Upper Division Courses in Sciences? Do a Master (Special Masters Program)????? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) thank you

Members don't see this ad.

SMP is best bet, or try DO programs.

Hello everyone. New to this site and wanted to get some advice as to how to improve GPA. I use to be an Engineer major and found it to be pretty difficult and unfortunately my GPA took a hit due to it and other factors such as work and losing my job etc. Along the way I found an interest in medicine through volunteer work and my current employment in the medical field. Now am a History and Physics Major as I do fairly well in them both though the upper division courses in Physics seem difficult so far.

I have since then started taking the premed courses Bio, Chem, OChem, etc and have done very well (All "A's" ) in them fortunately but no matter how well I do in them including other classes I am taking, I still find it extremely difficult to get over that 3.0 hump due to all the Engineering courses I didn't do so well in (Plus back then I didn't think I was going to be interested in Medicine hence the GPA).

Anyone out there with similar experiences as to what would be the best route to improve GPA? Should I just keep taking Upper Division Courses in Sciences? Do a Master (Special Masters Program)????? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) thank you