How to improve GPA???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tangytasha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a low ECE GPA of 2.34 and WES GPA of 3.48. I'm not sure why there is such a huge discrepancy here. I have done my Masters in Public Health (GPA:3.87). I'm giving my NBDE 1 and 2 this year and will be applying to schools thereafter. I have MPH academic research papers/projects relating to dental professional shortage areas, tooth loss in diabetics, and oral health disparities in african american children. How are my chances to get thru if I get a good NBDE score? Also, in my resume and conversations with the faculty or PD at the school shud I mention my WES GPA too? Or shud I have an explanation ready for my low ECE GPA, or both?

Also, I read from several posts that MPH and or any Graduate Biology related courses were advised to improve GPA. How is that calculated officially by ECE. Should I get a re-evaluation done by ECE, sending in both my dental and MPH transcripts?

I would really like to hear good views and insights!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you should send all documents together for ECE re-evaluation.

MPH transcripts will not improve your degree based ece as such.What it actually means is that you can show the admission committee your masters degree.It might give a boost.

@ rose82 MPH transcripts will not improve your degree based ece as such.What it actually means is that you can show the admission committee your masters degree.It might give a boost.

Thanks! Will mention it on my resume.

@Youth
yes
Yes, you should send all documents together for ECE re-evaluation.

The ece will evaluate both? Should I ask my MPH school to send transcripts to ECE?