How to improve VR over a long period of time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ranson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on taking the MCAT in January, and I know that VR is my biggest weakness. Is there anyway other than taking practice passages at becoming better at this section? I know that I have a lot of time, about 5 months.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning on taking the MCAT in January, and I know that VR is my biggest weakness. Is there anyway other than taking practice passages at becoming better at this section? I know that I have a lot of time, about 5 months.

It would be a good idea for you to start reading articles on the economist or something similar and try to get the main idea. That would help you understand the harder passages when you start reviewing.

It would be a good idea for you to start reading articles on the economist or something similar and try to get the main idea. That would help you understand the harder passages when you start reviewing.

I agree. If you've been keeping track of your VR score, you probably are aware of where your weaknesses lie subject-wise; philosophy, science, arts, etc..
For me, philosophy usually gets me so I plan to read things related to that topic.

Bottom line, tons of reading. Classics, philosophy (original writings of philosopher or writings about their writings), scientific magazines (or websites), blogs (one place I like is called "the last psychiatrist" lot of controversial, interesting stuff about current events), political magazines (Economist), news papers (WSJ, NYT), etc, etc.