Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
Ambs said:
i'm getting really frustrated with the editing, so i'm going to just be straightforward and tell the person that it needs quite a bit of effort and work at this point though still offer my suggestions rather than rewrite the thing. (i don't mean to be belittling or arrogant by any means...)
I corrected a PS sort of like this. The problem wasn't necesarily the grammar. Instead, it was that the content didn't say much about the person and that it didn't appeal directly to medicine (more like a personal ad).

The best thing to do is to be honest. Of course, you need to filter out your comment and make sure that it doesn't aggravate the situation, but things need to be said.

I did the same thing, told the person he totally needed to re-do his PS, and he thanked me for my candid remark. Hopefully, my comment made his PS that much better.

Don't be afraid to be an editor above a friend.
-Dr. P.

About the Ads

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
Oh yeah, and looking at your avatar, I doubt that you'll have much trouble being benevolent. :D
-Dr. P.

OP
A

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Thanks, Dr. Pepper, for the advice. Makes me feel better about the situation. The writer is a friend of mine, and I'd rather be completely honest and suggest a re-writing.

About the Ads