How to land a PRN Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working for one of the big chains, and I would like to find a second PRN job . I have been trying so hard but with no luck.. For those of you work PRN, how did you get your PRN Job? Please share your experience

Members don't see this ad.

Worked at Hospital A for 5 months. Felt like I wanted more spending money so I started looking online for jobs. Found 3 positions open at Hospital B. Applied, got an interview from the recruiter in February, interviewed with the Director in April, started working in June.

Told one of the hospitals where I rotated that I was interested in PRN work and they said sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently working for one of the big chains, and I would like to find a second PRN job . I have been trying so hard but with no luck.. For those of you work PRN, how did you get your PRN Job? Please share your experience

there are tons of prn jobs. but usually all at the **** days that nobody wants to work. I saw this one retail job posted that wanted a PRN pharmacist on friday 7-10 p.m., saturday 9-12 a.m. and sunday 10-4 p.m. killing your whole weekend basically just for 12 hours of work

I still do PRN at my old place. Yeah its 1 weekend a month, but work loads are light as a result. Process some orders, check the cart, dose a few drugs, surf some web. A pretty easy way to bring in extra $1k a month, that's some real play money.

I got my PRN retail job only because I used to work retail full time for that company and then switched to hospital full time. I've been picking up an average of $1,600 after taxes each month from my PRN job.